What is CBD: A product capable of curing many diseases and keeping one’s mind healthy
Currently, the entire market is booming with CBD products, as they claim to have a great physical and mental effect on people. They are added to various products and medicines to treat various health issues, skin issues, and even anxiety issues. So the question is; what is CBD? To learn more, read further.
What is CBD?
CBD aka cannabidiol is a molecular extract from the cannabis plants. They are non-psychoactive means they do not cause any kind of ‘high’. today in the field of cannabis research, CBD plays a major role as it has shown a varied number of health benefits when used in the right dosage. In CBD there is no THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) present which is the main psychoactive component of the marijuana plant which affects the cognitive function of the brain.
Our body has special receptors when it comes to cannabinoids and thus taking CBD in a prescribed amount can affect the immune system and neurological system positively. the two main receptors involved are CB1 and CB2. These receptors are like padlock receptors for the cannabinoids which when comes in contact with endocannabinoids they form the endocannabinoid system. Endocannabinoids are the molecules which are produced inside the body, and to boost the function and secretion of these endocannabinoids, endocannabinoids in the form of CBD can be helpful.
Extraction of CBD
CBD has usually extracted from the hemp plants which are grown in a safe and healthy environment without any sort of pesticides and herbicides. Many techniques are using which raw and concentrated form of cannabidiol is extracted also by making sure that no THC is there in the mix
Some of the common techniques used are like:
- liquid solvent treatment: in this ethanol, isopropyl or butanol is made to pass through the cannabis plant parts, and the CBD gets collected in it. then the mixture is evaporated leaving behind the concentrated cannabidiol.
- CO2 treatment: in this a closed-loop extractor is used, in which carbon dioxide is pumped into a chamber which has hemp plant parts under certain pressure and temperature conditions. This way cannabinoid is separated along with the passing supercritical CO2.
- Olive oil treatment: in this treatment first the plant is treated and is decarboxylated. Later it is added to the olive oil under managed pressure conditions for certain time. This way the cannabinoids get separated and gets mixed into the olive oil.
Forms of CBD products
One can find various types of CBD products in the market today which are targeted towards any type of functional optimization in the body. however when categorized, what is CBD? The products are widely distributed in two forms, that is, as core products which include CBD isolate and CBD extract and as sub-CBD products which involve concentrates, creams, capsules, etc.
Types of CBD products are:
- Core products: these are direct usage of CBD products and are used as stand alone.
- CBD isolate: CBD isolate is a pure form of extracted cannabidiol, and is in white powder form. They are highly effective because it is 100% CBD and 0% THC.
- CBD extract: these are oily or pasty substances which are extracted from the cannabis plant. They are high in CBD content and very low on THC content. they are usually used as an active ingredient in various products or can be directly used by swallowing, or by the sublingual application.
- Sub products: they are the products which are created using CBD extract or isolate and has a fixed usage and benefit. They are for special needs and has a certain kind if the application only.
- Beauty products
- Pet products
- Vape products etc.
Uses of CBD
After years of deep research on CBD effects, scientists have found legit results in this field. they have found that correct usage in the right dosage can help boost the functioning of the endocannabinoid system which in turn can help in relaxing the body in many ways.
Some of the breakthrough positive health effects seen by using CBD are:
- Curb obesity and cardiovascular diseases
Integrated research has shown that CBD has helped people buy reducing their diabetes, obesity, and has lowered their body mass index gradually. It has been found that CBD helps in weight loss as it turns white fat into brown fat which can be reduced, and also helps in faster metabolism of sugar by increasing insulin production. It is also found that CBD helps in decreasing the chances of cardiovascular diseases as the cannabinoid receptors are involved in cardiovascular problems.
Recently it has been found that CBD has a reducing effect on carcinogens as it stops them to induce tumors. It is also found that CBD can help reduce the size of the tumors, whether it is malignant or benign. A proper ratio of THC and CBD can help prevent cancer and even in its treatment.
With old age, the chances of getting osteoarthritis and osteoporosis becomes higher, as the body stops creating new bone cells and thus the older bones get brittle and weaker. This is because of a certain enzyme which destroys the bone formation components. However, CBD has shown results to reduce that particular enzyme and thus heightening the bone formation.
- Skin healing
CBD is mostly used in cosmetics and topical creams, serums, toners these days. this is because it can protect the skin from harmful UV rays and also helps in treating the sebaceous glands making the skin look more hydrated and fuller. CBD also helps in treating acne, blemishes, flaky skin, psoriasis, etc.
- Anxiety and mood swings
CBD has also shown positive results when it comes to healing the mind and reduce any kind of anxiety and stress. It helps in maintaining the serotonin levels which in turn helps in correcting mood swings and anxiety. It is also helpful in depression reduction and increasing the appetite of the user.
- Pain management
Pain management is the most common use of CBD products. It is helpful for those who suffer from chronic pain mostly the ones which fall into the category of neuropathic pain. It helps the endocannabinoid systems to regulate pain in the peripheral and central nervous system.
How to shop for CBD products?
Usually, people tend to buy things online these days, and the same is the case for buying CBD products as well. However, one should be careful before any cannabidiol product online. some of the things that one should check before buying any are:
- Check if the product is reviewed and tested by nay type of reputed laboratory and has the right kind of certification from them.
- Read the ingredients list and make sure the concentration of CBD is the certified amount only.
- Go for a reputed company who are selling CBD products, and also see if there are customer reviews regarding the products.
- Lastly, make sure that the product does not have any kind of mind-altering component like THC.